2. There’s AA (aka the sister) and I… somehow we always manage to dress ridiculously similar, although I’m always a shade paler 😉
3. How amazing is the view from their home? This was about an hour pre-quake
4. Mom and I also made her famous fudge (it’s actually her grandmother’s recipe). We added jelly beans to make them still appear Easter!
1. The A’s have a fun family Easter tradition. They dye eggs ahead of time and use them for decoration on the table. After eating everyone grabs an egg and challenges each others to a smack! You hold your egg with one end facing. The other person takes their egg and hits you. You then try to do it to them on their other point. If your egg doesn’t crack you win and go on to the next person. The last person to have their corners intact is the winner! (Mrs. A then makes crazy amounts of egg salad… well, she usually does. This year was a little different… exhibit #2)
2. The majority of the “kids” went into the tree house (I’ll do a full post about the awesomeness that is the tree house in a bit). I stayed on the deck with AA’s sister-in-law, brother and cousin (truth be told, I was experiencing a bit a motion sickness after that earthquake and was not about to climb up a big ass tree). Well, a devious look rolled over brotherA’s face and next thing I knew… those in the tree house were being pelted with hard-boiled eggs. Absolutely hilarious bad bad!
3. The bf looking through his Easter basket from my momma once we got back to our place (you can see the news regarding the quake on in the background)
4. I threw the last one in for good measure 😉 yours truly about 24 years ago.
I hope your Easter was filled with as much fun and love as mine was! While I love my family, I know the reason I am so blessed is I believe in a God who died on the cross for my sins and then ROSE from the dead. Crazy, right?! So blessed!